Peak Associates have been providing independent psychological assessments and training since 2005, specialising in matters before the Family Court, focussing on:
- Contact issues and care proceedings
- Assessment of attachment and bonding in families
- Assessment of family dynamics
- Assessment of parenting
- Assessment of degree of parental motivation to accept interventions
- Adult personality assessment in relation to ability to parent
- Consideration of domestic violence issues; ability to protect; drug abuse; childhood history; abusive and traumatic experiences etc and the ability to parent.
- Adult cognitive assessment in relation to the ability to parent
- Adult cognitive assessment in relation to ability to give instructions to a solicitor and/or partake in proceedings, plus recommendations regarding the appropriateness of using the Official Solicitor.
- Advice regarding differentiation for assessments, focussing on such issues as:
- General learning difficulties, learning disability and specific learning difficulties
- Emotional intelligence
- Assessment of children'ís
- cognitive skills
- mental health
- emotional & behavioural difficulties
- Advice regarding the ability of a child to instruct a solicitor directly, without a guardian
Please contact us if you would like further information. We will happily respond to your requests for further details, availability and fees.